Another Hero - Neil Cole


Neil Cole's book Organic Church has been very formative on my life and ministry. Through his writings, I now articulate that I want to become an expert on Prayer, Discipleship, Leadership Development, Church Planting, and starting a Movement (in that order). You can 't skip a step. However, the most powerful tool I got from him was his Life Transformation Group idea. (http://www.cmaresources.org/files/Cultivating-NeilCole-chap8.pdf). This is basically where you get groups of 2 or 3 who regularly go through 11 accountability questions, read 25-30 chapters weekly out of the Bible and pray for friends and family to meet Christ. The first year I did this I saw my one group multiply in many more. More importantly, it got me reading on a consistent basis large amounts of scripture and taught me what it is to have deep friendships with other men. I have only met him once in person in Germany at a conference, but his teachings have born much fruit in my life and ministry. I alway recommend his book(s) to people who want to get involved in church planting in a Western European context.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten more weeks...

T. L. Osborn - A Man Who Made God's Message His Own