The Value of Hearing from God
A dermatologist friend of mine, Steven A. Smith, here in Tulsa shared a story with me about how hearing God has changed his life and business. Many years ago, in prayer, his wife heard the two words "Bromide and Nickel". To make a long story short, these were the elements he used to develop a new medicine for psoriasis and acne. Now, Loma Lux is sold in pharmacies all over the world as a teatment for psoriasis. http://www.lomalux.com/dermatologist-steven-a-smith-loma-lux-story

Amos Landers was layed off a long time ago from his job. He asked God what to do and he heard "Wash Windows." He now has a business which washes many of the large high rises in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Stillwater, etc. You can see a video where he tells about it at http://www.landerswc.com/ This man is my friend and a great blessing to my life here in Oklahoma.

Then there is George Washington Carver. This man revolutionized the agricultural world through his scientific breakthroughs. He discovered over 100 products derived from a peanut. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Carver) Part of the way he did his research was together with God. He would fast and pray and ask God to show him all the different reasons that he had made the peanut. His legacy as a scientist and a follower of Jesus are amazing.

This year I have experienced God speaking to me in amazing ways. Five minutes ago I was chatting with a friend on facebook when I suddenly asked him if he had pain in his right foot. (He is in a city 3 hours from me and I did not know he had pain in his right foot). He answered, Wow, yes I do. I called him up and prayed for him. All the pain is gone.

Hearing God's voice not only helps us be better fathers, husbands, workers, etc...but it enables us to bring the reality of God's kingdom (His love, voice, and power to heal) into individuals lives. Just this week I have begun giving what the bible would call words of knowledge to people and every time...people have been healed. God is soooo awesome. When I have sensed something, I have stepped out and said something (this takes courage) and God has moved. Hearing God's voice does not just bring value to our lives and society, but it is also a whole lot of fun. Something anyone can do who has a personal relationship with God through Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten more weeks...

T. L. Osborn - A Man Who Made God's Message His Own