SPEAKING PROPHETICALLY Although the word prophecy conjures up a weird man with a big stick that is foretelling the future, the new testament picture of prophecy is very different. Essentially it is hearing God's voice and then sharing what you feel God is saying to someone else. 1 Cor. 14:1 says that we should desire spiritual gift ESPECIALLY that we should prophesy.

This year I have by faith started speaking out what I felt God saying to people: prophesying. Some awesome things have happened. Yesterday for example, in Wewoka, OK, the entire football team was present at a church service. Without knowing it, I picked out the quarterback and told him that God had called him to lead and that others look to him for leadership.

The Bible clearly says that prophecy should always be for people's edification, exhortation and comfort. Obviously a prophetic word should never contradict scripture...if it does then it is not from God.

At every meeting, I share words that I feel God is giving to people. The end result is that people are encouraged and their faith level goes up. I love to declare the word of the Lord over people. Humbly and with great care, but also full of faith that God will fill my mouth as I speak to people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten more weeks...

T. L. Osborn - A Man Who Made God's Message His Own