Stories of Successes and Failures Doing "Power Ministry"

Stories of Successes and Failures Doing "Power Ministry"


(Adam the young lifeguard from Czech Republic)

Success Stories
            In 2015, I walked up to a lifeguard at a swimming pool in Czech Republic and told him that God wanted him to write a book. What I did not know was that he had just written a book that had accidentally been deleted from his hard drive. He had told God that if it was his will for him to rewrite the book, then someone had to tell him that God wanted him to write a book. That was the beginning of a great friendship and open doors to serve in many churches in Czech Republic.
            Last week in Munich, Germany, I gave an accurate word of knowledge to a woman at a supermarket. That meeting led to us to having two nights of praying for and ministering to a large group of her friends and family at her house. I now have many new friends in Munich, Germany thanks to me stepping out in "Power Ministry" (Prophecy, Healing, Words of Knowledge, Deliverance, etc.).
            In March, 2010, a prophet in Chicago told me that God was opening up the Spirit for me and that I was going to try to preach a prepared sermon, and God would have me preach something totally different.  Three weeks later, that happened.
             I was at a large church in Oklahoma when I noticed that I had to preach something totally different than what I had planned. I also started stepping out into the audience and prophesying over individuals. I ended the meeting by lining up ten men and prophesying over every one of them. After the sermon, the pastor sat me down and said, "Everything you were prophesying was accurate. Son, from an old preacher to a young preacher, forget your sermon and follow the Spirit."
            I was excited to say the least, but the day was not over. That evening, I prophesied over an entire church group and afterwards the server at a Subway restaurant was shocked when I gave him an accurate word of knowledge. The evening ended with me being able to pray for him. To say that I was excited: would be an understatement.

Failure Stories
            The next morning, I got out of bed early wanting to prophesy over another stranger. I walked through the neighborhood looking for someone I could talk to. I saw a man's door open and went to give him a "word from God." Ten minutes later, a police officer came after me.
            "Throw that stick down on the ground!" (I was walking with a stick in my hand.) "Are you on drugs? Why are you shaking?" said the police officer to me.
            "I am shaking because you are a police officer," was my reply.
            After the officer identified me and got my address, she told me that someone called because they saw me talking to myself and I gave them a message from God. When I went home, I bawled like a baby. "Dad, I really messed up. I brought shame to the name of God. I really, really messed up and I am so sorry."  
            That person thought I was crazy, dangerous and I seriously learned a valuable lesson. How I give a message to someone is just as or even more important than how I deliver it.
            After spending Saturday evening at an African church in Amsterdam, I preached African Style (very loudly) at a "white" Dutch church. Apparently, my African style preaching scared people and I may never speak at that church again.
            At another church, I picked out a woman to pray for from the audience. She proceeded to run out of the room and slam the door. I was not allowed to speak at that church on a Sunday morning for several years after that incident.
            One waitress at a restaurant misinterpreted my saying that I wanted to share the love of God with people; instead of encouraging her, I scared her. When I told her something about her daughter, she really freaked out. At other times I have seen people get healed and they run away saying, "...this is scary!"

Success Stories Make the Failure Stories Worth It
            For the many success stories that I can tell, I can also tell apparent "failure" stories. Not everyone I pray for gets healed. Not every word of knowledge or prophetic word is always 100% right.  This is why Paul says to judge and test every prophetic word (1 Cor. 14:29 & 1 Thess. 5:19-22).  It also forces me to remain humble as I endeavor to grow in Power Ministry (Click here to read How to Grow in Power Evangelism).  I can rejoice when a word of knowledge is accurate and if necessary, I can also apologize if it is not. Failures are also not really failures if we learn from them. We actually grow from them and that adds to our successes.

            It is not uncommon for me to prophesy over or heal people at public stores or restaurants. (Click here to see video at Radio Shack). When done in an appropriate manner, people may be genuinely touched and grateful. Yet, if not carefully and sensitively done, people can get scared. This is why I try to prophesy and heal the sick in a non-threatening, calm, friendly fashion with a big smile on my face.  Stepping out in Power Ministry is scary and risky, yet can be extremely rewarding and fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten more weeks...

T. L. Osborn - A Man Who Made God's Message His Own