Baptism Stories

Baptism Stories
Yesterday at New Life West we got to celebrate the decision of six people from our church who decided they wanted to be baptized. One of them was Levi, my seven year old son. Let me allow them to tell you why they wanted to be baptized. 



"My name is Sylvia and I am the mother of two beautiful children. I always grew up believing in God, but when the father of my children died, I decided to forget God. When my children had some difficulties at their old school, I discovered some very sweet people at the Christian school "Veerkracht." They told me about New Life West and that is where I took part in the Alpha Course. That started my journey of once again, slowly but surely, finding God again. 

I started reading my Bible and praying again. Little by little I started experiencing more peace in our home. When things are difficult, I feel like God is leading me. Now I am standing here before all of you because I know that I am God's dearly beloved daughter. I know that he sent his son into the world and that he died on the cross for my sins. I know that every day he is caring for us. I want to follow Jesus and become more and more like him every day of my life. I want to share this with everyone by being baptized in water."


"My name is Giovanni. I am 10 years and I want to be baptized. I want everyone to know that I want
to follow Jesus all the days of my life. He died on the cross for me and on the third day he raised from the dead. I really want to be a child of God and I want Jesus to be the Lord of my life. Since he has come into my life, I feel like I miss my father a little less. It is as if God has taken the place of the emptiness I have felt. I want to live with Jesus and live a good life. This is the reason that I want to be baptized."




My name is Levi Helland and I am 7 years old. I have already wanted to be baptized for several years because I love Jesus and I want to follow him all the days of my life.











My name is Diane. I have been coming to New Life West for about a year now. I was praying this morning and I felt as if God told me:  "Today, you are going to be baptized. This is your day." 

I argued for a little while and thought about not doing it. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I want to obey Jesus and be baptized. 










My name is Jerika and today I want to give my life completely over to God. Once I felt like God spoke to me in a nearly audible voice saying , "Give yourself completely to me." 

I have wanted to put my life in his hands, but have been always putting it off for later. Today, I want to say through my baptism, "God, I give myself completely to you."








My name is Michael. I grew up as a Christian.  However, I have not always made the best choices and today I want to not only say to God that I leave those things behind, but that I want to follow him. I leave all darkness and come to the light. Once I had a dream where I saw a light calling me to come from the darkness and the voice of Jesus said, "Follow Me." That is what I am doing now by baptized today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten more weeks...

T. L. Osborn - A Man Who Made God's Message His Own