Sharing God's Love and Power on the Streets of Amsterdam


            Yesterday I went out onto the street with a new friend of mine to pray for people. In the one hour that we went out we got to pray for about ten people. Here are a few highlights. We came to four young guys hanging out on a bench and I asked them if I could “practice some spiritual gifts with them like such as healing. Then I asked them if any of them had pain anywhere. One guy said that he had shoulder pain and after I prayed for him he was surprised when he realized that all the pain was gone.
            Then I asked if any of them had Asthma. One of the guys did and when I was done praying for him he said that he could breathe better. We then had a long talk with these four guys about Jesus Christ and what it meant to know him and how real he is.” To be honest this is a very scary thing to do to walk up to complete strangers and offer them a gift from Jesus, but it is so awesome when they do get one. I want to keep doing this every week here in my neighbourhood and on the streets of Amsterdam. It is at first nerve-wracking, scary (etc.), but getting to see people touched by the love of Jesus is AWESOME!!!.
            The last person we got to pray for was a grandpa that was skateboarding at a skating park. He told us he had just jammed his right thumb and had a lot of pain. After praying two times, he said the pain was gone but was not sure if that was because of our prayers or just because we were giving him attention. This is definitely a fun way to share Jesus with people by giving out spiritual “presents” that are very tangible and real. It is following the Apostle Paul’s example when he wrote, “ My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power,so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten more weeks...

T. L. Osborn - A Man Who Made God's Message His Own