You Are A Father Who Gives Good Gifts
I’m asking, I’m seeking, I’m knocking at your door.
I’m stretching, I’m reaching, I’m calling out for more
Drench me, fill me, soak me with your love.
Come down Holy Spirit, descend now as a dove.

Chorus
You are a father who gives good gifts
A snake you won’t give instead of a fish
A stone you won’t give instead of a bread
Or a scorpion instead of a hard boiled egg

Verse 2
In the wind of your spirit, I want to soar
I receive everything you have for me in store
The sound of your voice I choose not to ignore
Rain down Holy Spirit, I long for a downpour

Second Chorus
Pour out your spirit upon our lives
May our sons and daughters prophesy
Open our eyes to new visions and sights Reveal your dreams for this time

Bridge
Revelation brings Inspiration
Inspiration brings Intercession
Intercession brings transformation
Transformation brings New Life
©Matthew Helland 2011 Luke 11:9-13; Acts 2:17-18.

Comments

Pastor Roger said…
What a powerful and scripturally based song. I was blessed, encouraged, and renewed by it!

Popular posts from this blog

Ten more weeks...

T. L. Osborn - A Man Who Made God's Message His Own